Resolved

Update by user Nov 19, 2016

So - update.After DSC refused to return my emails or deal with me fairly on the phone, I finally got somewhere.

I had submitted a complaint to the California Attorney General and they got in touch a couple of weeks ago and told me that they would contact DSC. Lo and behold - about a week later I got an email from DSC's general counsel saying that they would be sending me a cheque for the full amount. They asked me to confirm my address and provide a copy of my receipt, which I did.

I have not heard back from them, and have not yet received my cheque, but I only heard from them about a week and a half ago, so I'll give them a bit more time (I also live in Canada, so it will take a bit longer for the cheque to get here).But here's hoping there is a successful resolution!

Original review posted by user Oct 19, 2016

I am writing with respect to an experience I had at the Deep Sea Cosmetics kiosk in the Westfield Mall in San Francisco on Sunday October 16, 2016. I was very seriously sexually harassed by a male salesperson at this kiosk as I was shopping at the mall. I am a visitor to the city from a small town in Canada, a lone female, who was shopping by myself. As I was walking past, the salesperson from Deep Sea Cosmetics kiosk grabbed me by the arm and began giving me a hard sales pitch. I was not interested, but was trying to be polite. He started off by trying a scrub out on my arm, which seemed harmless enough, but it soon escalated into a situation that I felt I had no control over and could not get out of. The salesperson was repeatedly hugging me, putting his arm around me and making very sexually suggestive comments to me, touching my face and hair all over and telling me how beautiful I was. And he kept putting products on my face, even though I repeatedly said I was not interested and that they were too expensive. I had absolutely no idea how to react as nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I felt trapped and despite being in a mall full of people, I didn't know what to do and did not want to make a scene. I am alone here in a strange city, in a strange country with no one to call for assistance.

Wanting to end the encounter, I bought the products he was selling, as every time I said no, he just redoubled his harassment against me. He was standing so very close to me and had me cornered in a chair that I could not get up to leave. He had also taken a bag I was carrying and put it out of my reach so that I could not just flee. I thought that I could just return the products for a refund later. However, I've just been told on the phone that there is no refund. I find this very odd, as these products are incredibly expensive and most high end retailers accept returns for a refund. It does say at the bottom of my receipt that there are no refunds, but I did not see a sign at the kiosk indicating that there are no refunds. Subsequent research has indicated that this is in violation of California Civil Code 1723. At no time was I told that I could not return the products. I feel completely taken advantage of and very seriously violated.

These products cost a lot of money, more money than I can afford. I just needed to get out of the situation for my own personal safety and it was the only way I could think of to do that. Now I feel doubly violated in that I can't even get my money back.

Sexually harassing someone into buying something is completely out of line and shouldn't be tolerated in this day and age. I have complained to the Westfield mall about this issue and they have informed me that they are taking steps to ensure that this does not happen again. I have called the Deep Sea Cosmetics head office in Florida who has told me that there are no refunds and that they are not associated with the kiosks. I have written to the Deep Sea Cosmetics head office about this issue, as well as to the San Francisco kiosk with an e-mail address I found online. It is very difficult to find any additional information about this company or any other contact information. I have not gone back to the mall as to be honest, I am scared of running into this salesperson again.

This reviewer shared experience about return, exchange or cancellation policy and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $598. Amlong1 is overall dissatisfied with Deep Sea Cosmetics. The most disappointing about deep sea cosmetics customer care at Deep Sea Cosmetics was sales tactics, unethical employees and customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Deep Sea Cosmetics.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cosmetics and Personal Care category for more informed decision or compare Deep Sea Cosmetics to other companies on our site.

Comments